1. Why are Blue Bell ice cream lids so hard to open?? Don't they know I'm dying for some high-calorie delish and that the extra ten seconds it takes to open the tub makes me that much more crazy for chocolate? It's their "freshness seal," so the college-age tour guide told me while I was on the Blue Bell creamery tour last week. Bah.
2. People who are overly into The Beatles. Yes, their music is great and innovative and blah blah blah Ringo blah Abbey Road blah blah Yoko's lame blah blah blah. It takes no skill to like The Beatles. In my musical ignorance, I declare them overrated. But I like them. However, I'm equally opposed to people who are interested in a band simply because no one else is. You aren't in high school any more! Stop denying that you love Britney Spears!
3. Professing that "my baby/husband/mom/goldfish is the best in the entire world." I'm sorry, but that just isn't true. You may love/appreciate/adore them more than anyone else--but your standards probably aren't unbiased. Is Nathan the best husband for me? Yes. Is he the best husband in the world? Probably not. Sorry, but he doesn't tolerate my failure to replace the tp roll when I finish one off, and until he does, he will continue being close to but not quite the best husband ever. Instead of blasting some false superlative about your loved one onto Facebook, think of something with actual meaning. Ex. "Nathan was so sweet today. He replaced the tp roll for me when I didn't." On a related note, Graham is the cutest perfect baby ever in the world beyond my wildest dreams.
|My baby rocks.|
4. Our mailbox is the very last stop on our mailman's route. And he's always smoking a cigar (chewing on it, really) while he sorts the mail and he never smiles back at me.
5. This creepy thank-you note that I got from Locks of Love.
|My name isn't Melanie ... I was just too lazy to get an image of my own thank you note.|
I promise I will be less grumpy tomorrow. Because the freshness seal on my Blue Bell has been broken.